jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Mailleux <cedric.maill...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance issue with Oracle Jrockit 3.0.3
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:55:20 GMT
Hi,

We have a web application that is using Jackrabbit. I try to use latest
Jrockit to make some performance test compared to the Sun one.

And I was surprise that where my pages at startup take 200 to 300 ms to
be delivered from tomcat under Sun jvm it took me 10s under JRockit.

So I make it run under Yourkit to have some information where we have
lost time.

It appears that I spend 90% of my time inside
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.WriterPreferenceReadWriteLock$ReaderLock.acquire()

I know this is a backport compatibility to allow usage of concurrent
package inside 1.4 JVM, but are you planning to migrate to 1.5 and
remove this compatibility backport API in the near future or not ?

I will also try to see with JRockit if they are aware of this issue.

Regards