jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Status of JSR-283 and in particular AQM
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:49:49 GMT
Julian Reschke schrieb:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am currently playing a bit with XQuery and somehow came back to
>> JSR-283 and hence was asking myself what is the status of JSR-283
>> actually and wondered if anyone has tried working on AQM -> XQuery yet?
>
> I think the Proposed Final Draft is very close; expect to see it
> sometimes this month,
>
> WRT XQuery: no, K haven't seen anybody working on this.

thinking some more about it, it seems to me that one could define a Java
API going into the direction of "XQuery" which would be similar to JCR
but more XML oriented, for instance multiple node paths with the same
name would be allowed, whereas I am not sure if

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr225/

goes into this direction. Will try to read some more.

Thanks

Michael