jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: AW: Problem with ISO9075 encoded name in XPath Query?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:59:22 GMT
Mario-Leander Reimer wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> 
> I encode the name because and did not want to restrict the user in any way regarding
allowed characters for the "name" of an entity (which I use as node name) I store in JCR.
> Otherwise I would have to manage 2 names, the "artificial" valid JCR node name and the
"real name" for the entity the user initially entered, and keep both in-synch.
> Same for nt:files a user can upload: a filename can start with a letter, the node name
can't. So either strip the invalid characters and lose the original filename, or encode it
somehow.

The node name can, I think.

> So I figured it's best to always encode every name, not matter what. Well, now I additionally
have to encode the XPath query.


This may be a bad idea, depending on the use case; for instance, when 
you allow WebDAV access to the store, people will only see the encoded 
names...

BR, Julian

Mime
View raw message