jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: referential integrity in the DB BPM
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:23:48 GMT
> > The trouble for us is a) other 'processes' manipulate the
> database at
> > times, at least for admin reasons

[TM]
> What kind of admin process do you run? A 'complete restore'
> shouldn't be a problem, as long as it doesn't run at the same
> time as Jackrabbit.

I don't know exactly, but QA are often storing baselines, updating code
versions - which often requires running DDL). The database contains
Jackrabbit tables and also tables from other systems, including our
software. I imagine (hope) there are backups also.
It used to be a lot more frequent when we used the filesystem PM - how
many times the database and filesystem were out of sync I lost count!

In a live environment I would expect only backups and the occaisional
upgrade. It's interesting to note the only corruptions I have been made
aware of come from QA, not from a live system.

LexisNexis is a trading name of REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND,
LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621