jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: referential integrity in the DB BPM
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:24:11 GMT

[JZ]
> Doing something like that can easily get you in trouble.
> Jackrabbit expects to be in full control of the underlying
> database, and modifying the schemas Jackrabbit uses is an
> easy way to to subtly break things.
>
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

Agreed, I'm certainly not proposing modifying the tables, I was kind of
hoping that there is some ability planned to do this, or (very
optimistically!) someone with knowledge could point at some cunning
ideas that I haven't thought of. Data integrity doesn't strike me as
something that should be outside the realm of a CMS, especially as you
say because the tables should be black-box to applications.

Regards
Brett

LexisNexis is a trading name of REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND,
LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621