jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject referential integrity in the DB BPM
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:52:21 GMT
I've been exploring putting referential integrity on the Jackrabbit
tables for the BPM.

The background to this is that we regularly get QA reporting problems in
testing that boil down to some form of NoSuchItemStateException. Many of
these we eventually trace back to manual process errors copying
databases around, redeploying servers etc. However often we can't prove
anything about how it occurred.

I've added a FK constraint from one of our tables to the BPM BUNDLE
table, but AFAICT everything else is stored as binary data. Has anyone
explored or thought about the possibility of adding more fundamental
integrity checks here? I know there are consistency check config options
for JackRabbit startup, I was hoping to achieve something to flag errors
instantly, especially to catch the manual errors.

Regards
Brett

LexisNexis is a trading name of REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND,
LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621