jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kaspar Fischer <...@rapsak.com>
Subject Spring transactions for Jackrabbit and MySQL in Tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:04:47 GMT
Dear list,

I am a Jackrabbit newbie and am trying to get Jackrabbit running in
the following context:

- Tomcat 5.5 or 6
- Spring 2.5.6
- MySQL or db4o (not clear yet)
- Jackrabbit

In particular, I want to get transactions running, encompassing
Jackrabbit and MySQL/db4o.

I have search via Google to see whether I need an external transaction
manager for this, as Tomcat does not provide Container Managed
Transactions. I have seen a few posts on Jencks and Atomikos, and the
introduction "Integrating Java Content Repository and Spring" at

   http://www.infoq.com/articles/spring-modules-jcr

To be on the safe side I'd like to know whether for my particular
context this is still up-to-date: Do I need Jencks/Atomikos/some other
transaction manager in order to use Jackrabbit and one more database
under Spring?

If so, do you recommend Jencks or Atomikos?

Many thanks for any pointers,
Kaspar