jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From James Abley <james.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue with Oracle Jrockit 3.0.3
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:57:51 GMT
2009/3/15 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM, C├ędric Mailleux
> <cedric.mailleux@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know this is a backport compatibility to allow usage of concurrent package
>> inside 1.4 JVM, but are you planning to migrate to 1.5 and remove this
>> compatibility backport API in the near future or not ?
>
> Upgrading to Java 5 as the base platform (and most likely also to
> java.util.concurrent as the concurrency library) will be done in
> Jackrabbit 2.0 that's currently planned for release later this year.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

We have seen a similar performance degradation running for customers
running on JRockit, and encountered liveness failures as well, due to
the thrashing / stampeding try to acquire locks. So we advise our
customers not to use JRockit! (Doctor, it hurts when I do this, etc).
I can't recall if we raised a support ticket with Oracle - I think we
did and were advised to upgrade the version of JRockit, which had a
very minor improvement but didn't fix the issue.

Cheers,

James