jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Manzke <daniel.man...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: (JCR-1.0) Restricting the length of a String property?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:27:32 GMT
Hi Stefan,
this was my fault.

<cut>
that's not correct. constraints for String properties can be expressed as
regular expressions, e.g. the following expression limits the length of a
string to 1-5 characters: "^.{1,5}$"
</cut>
Exactly what I said. ;) The only things I want to use them (constraints) for
is limiting the length of a string.

<cut>
In the JCR 1.0 SPEC there is no way to specify how long a String property
could be.
</cut>
I meaned that there is no way in the custom_nodetypes.xml to specify the
length of a String. (like <property ... length="10"/>)

Sorry, my mistake. ;)

Best Regards,
Daniel

--