jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Jackrabbit with Mysql Cluster
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:26:23 GMT

Has anyone used Jackrabbit using a Mysql Cluster as the database? This is not
a mysql master/slave setup, but a true mysql ndb cluster. I currently have a
jackrabbit cluster setup where there are 7 webservers (each a jackrabbit
cluster node) and 3 database servers (in a mysql cluster).  In development,
our jackrabbit cluster was running fine with several webservers connecting
to a single regular mysql instance. Once we moved our code to our final
production setup (with the mysql cluster), we keep getting weird database
errors and I am trying to figure out if jackrabbit is causing the problems
or if it something else. The errors we get are very non-descript, like
"unknown ndbcluster error". But it looks like something is closing database
connections because jackrabbit often loses the db connection and cannot
reconnect.

I was hoping that someone would have experience with a similar setup and
could offer any tips.