jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Issues with using JackRabbit against a database
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:08:34 GMT

We have been using JackRabbit for the last 6 months and have been able to
save and retrieve data. So far the configuration has been pointing to a
folder in the filesystem. I have recently switched over to point to a local
oracle database and modified the workspace and repository.xml accordingly. I
have run into 2 issues while testing our APIs against the content
repository.

I am forced to remove both the lucene index folder and drop the tables from
the database every time I re-run the integration test. Otherwise, I get an
exception as below and not sure how I can get past this problem:(here is the
snippet of the exception)

 Failed to initialize workspace 'default'
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it: Directory was previously created with a
different LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance
and use setLockFactory to change it
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:585)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>(SearchManager.java:265)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1613)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:606)

Incidentally, the RepositoryFactoryBean is injected through Spring. I am not
sure if this is an issue.

The Other issue is once I have my integration test running after removing
the index folder and dropping the tables, I execute an Xpath query like this
below:
/abfaa8a2-950e-4aac-8865-07f5acee09b9/ecr:variant[@ecr:documentState !=
'deleted'] I always get no results back.

I have a browse method which browses the repository and I can see the
nodePath exists in the repository. As I mentioned before, the same test case
works great with fileSystem repository.

Can someone point out what I am missing that causing both these issues?

thanks in advance.