jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Changing a custom property on a versioned Node
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:09:23 GMT

We have created a custom Node that derives from nt:file. This custom node is
also versionable and has properties of its own. One such property is a
logical Deleted Flag. We would like to change the value of a node which is
already in Version history. Here is the scenario:

I create Version 1->Version 2->Version 3->Version 4 of the node. All
versions are by default active. Version 4 is the most current version. We
have an API to mark the node as deleted. In this case, we check out version
4, set the logical deleted flag to true and check it back in. This creates
Version 5 where the property indicates this is deleted so much searches for
this node will fail. We also have an API which can search for specific
(previous) versions based on a property which is a UUID. We don't want the
search to succeed if the current version is marked as deleted. I wanted to
walk through the previous versions (in the Version History) and set logical
Deleted Flag to true. When I tried this, I got an exception that a property
in a frozenNode cannot be modified. Is there a way for me to accomplish
this?