jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From MatthiasR <matthias8...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Accessing JCR Repository over CIFS
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:53:35 GMT

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Recent windows (since XP) allow webdav to be mounted as a "real" file
> system and I think there are also other 3rdparty webdav clients doing
> that [1]. This way all applications can work with it.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV#Microsoft_Windows

Thanks for the tip!

But... It doesn't work, at least not on my pc. I keep getting the error
"System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found."
The "WebClient" service is running and I have XP SP3, so I guess it should
connect. Might be, that using the 8082 port is the problem, but this problem
should have been fixed in SP3:
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html

This kind of issues is why a "real" windows network drive via CIFS would be
interesting.

Matthias