jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From repository_junkie <ali.aje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving from local instance to Jackrabbit server (RMI, WebDAV)
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:19:17 GMT

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the prompt response!
Just to confirm and clarify: There is currently no "production-grade"
mechanism for accessing the Jackrabbit server remotely?

I am open to experimenting with both the SPI (although I have tried, but
sadly documentation is quite scarce) and Sling. Does the API that you use
for SPI and Sling differ from the one we are currently using for JCR? I'm
trying to wrap my head around how we can make JCROM work with these
technologies, because we are using JCROM on top of Jackrabbit - meaning that
our own code does not access the JCR layer directly.

It was easy to do this for the RMI: instead of using a TransientRepository,
we used the URLRemoteRepository, handed it to JCROM, and everything worked.
What will the experience be if we try to use SPI or Sling?

Thanks again for all your help :)
Ali