jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV and ACLs
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:52:37 GMT

Angela Schreiber wrote:

> what do you mean by "current session"? the system session that
> does the setup?

The system session is of no use to me, as I don't have a system user (and no
anonymous access) to read the LDAP directory. To access the LDAP server, I
have to use the credentials of the user currently logged into the JCR.

I'm currently still working with a custom LoginModule which authenticates
the user by trying to establish a connection to the LDAP server with the
provided credentials. If the connection succeeds, the authentication is
successful and I keep the credentials so I can read principals from the LDAP
if the user wants to browse the available users/groups. So what I would
require is a way to have a principal provider per session, or at least a way
to access the currently active session from inside the principal provider,
where it can fetch the LDAP credentials before accessing the LDAP server.

Cheers,
Marian.