jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Bergoo <jacob.ber...@gmail.com>
Subject How does merging between workspaces work?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:01:37 GMT

Hi,
I am about to start up a big project where we have a need to handle merges
between different workspaces.
A little background:
We have a workspace in our repository that is called "Staging Master" that
holds all the versions and all content that are the latest in production. A
new project is created and therefore we want to work in a new workspace
called "staging_project_x". this project continues for a couple of month and
during this time another project has started and finished and updated
"Staging Master". When this new version of "Staging Master" is merge we also
want to merge it to "Staging_project_x" so they will continue working in
there project with the latest changes.
What is the normal way of handling this types of merges? If I have
understand the JCR API the merge functionality which comes build in
Jackrabbit will only give me a list of conflicting nodes and then I have to
iterate over this list and some how merge them? Can anyone give me some
pointers or example on how you have solved this?

thanks in advance,
Jacob