jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jacco van Weert <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: alternative export - import strategy
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:28:36 GMT
Hello,

We use the JeCARS backup tool for export and import. Within JeCARS itself,
it can make a "hot" backup by simply performing a GET operation on the
webserver.

Without the binary data it is also possible to do a remote backup and
restore. With JeCARS there is also a JeCARS client helper library.
http://jecars.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jecars/jecars_client/src/org/jecars/client/JC_Nodeable.java?revision=1.18&view=markup
It has exportNode( deep ) and importNode( stream ) methods which delivers
the backup as stream.

For backup without JeCARS the backup tool cannot also export and import
existing Jackrabbit repository versions (also v1.5). It will create a big
file (non-XML) for node/properties and every binary content is stored in a
seperate file.
The resulting directory can be used for import. The import will always try
to complete even when properties are removed. (simple versioning nodes are
also supported).

Greetings,
   Jacco
   JeCARS -- http://jecars.sourceforge.net