jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Slashes in wildcard query string do not work
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:47:37 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM, PThiemann
<philipp.thiemann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> But now I am facing another problem. The excerpt is not highlighted anymore.
> I am just getting a excerpt string of all property values of node
> 'custom:extendedProperties' without any highlighing.
> As our customer are currently used to query result highlighting this would
> be a real disadvantage.
> Does anyone know if query highlighing is supported with jcr:like?

Yes, I think this is the case. It seems the default excerpt
highlighting is not able to handle wildcards. Maybe one can implement
that in a custom ExcerptProvider (see [1]), but since it uses the
Lucene index (org/apache/jackrabbit/core/query/lucene/DefaultHighlighter.java),
I think this could be quite some effort.

BTW, the query could be simplified a bit by extracting the
custom:extendedProperties axis:

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExcerptProvider

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message