jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: How to retrieve a node from a hierarchy?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:49:01 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Akil Ali <Akil.Ajani@cognizant.com> wrote:
> Sorry sir i dont have the information that NODE D is under A/B/C. so how to
> get the NODE object of NODE D. without prior knowledge that D is under
> A/B/C.

Well, you could either navigate to it by looking for whatever marks
that node as "D" (properties, node type, node name) or do the same
with an xpath query. Typically it has a node type, let's say
"my:dtype", so the query would be:

//element(*, my:dtype)

This gives you all nodes of type "my:dtype". If you have some
additional property you want to check for, you can do this:

//element(*, my:dtype)[@myprop='foobar']

which gives you all my:dtype nodes with a property set to the value "foobar".

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek