jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving Property Values
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:01:23 GMT
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Fernando Cabredo <fcabredoph@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to retrieve some property values such as File Size, Date Last Modified,
etc.

> I was expecting to find in the above code the properties I was looking for but only found
> two properties. These are the jcr:created and jcr:properties as shown in my sample output.

The node type nt:file has a child node named "jcr:content", which is
typically of type "nt:resource" and contains the actual file contents
(in the binary jcr:data property) and also the mime type
(jcr:mimeType) and last modified (jcr:lastModified) - if available.
That depends on who created those nodes in the first place - are you
using Jackrabbit's webdav?

Have a look at the JCR spec [1], printing it out and reading it is
mandatory ;-) The nt:file node type is specified in section 6.7.22.6
[2]. There are also shorter tutorials linked on the web [3]

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[2] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.7.22.6_nt_file.html
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks

Regards,