jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit embedded in Jahia 6 CE generates incorrect SQL for PostgreSQL.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:19:30 GMT
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Jan-Helge Bergesen <jhberges@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to get Jahia 6 CE up and running with PostgreSQL 8.3 on Ubuntu
>> 8.10.
>>
>> [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem] - failed to initialize
>> file system
>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varbinary" does not exist
>
> Seems to be that Jahia includes an old version of Jackrabbit, because
> this issue was fixed in Jackrabbit 1.4 already. Here is the old issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-949

Upps, it's not the journal, but the DatabaseFileSystem. Then I suspect
that the repository.xml/workspace.xml configuration of your Jackrabbit
sets the wrong schema for the DbFileSystem [1]. The schema must be
"postgresql":

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
       <param name="driver" value="...."/>
       <param name="url" value="jdbc:....."/>
       <param name="schema" value="postgresql"/> <!-- this is the
important config -->
</FileSystem>

You'll have to change all occurences of the DbFileSystem in
repository.xml and all workspace.xml.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.5/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/db/DbFileSystem.html

Regards,
Alex