jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Change the PM to DbDataStore.
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:04:32 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, hsp_ <piccinatto@ibest.com.br> wrote:

> Alexander, thanks by help;
>
> That means the way I configured the repository.xml is correct (?!), but the
> params, specifically in the "PersistenceManager" block must all have the
> configurations informed:
>    *  < param name="bundleCacheSize" value="8"/>
>    * < param name="consistencyCheck" value="false"/>
>    * < param name="minBlobSize" value="16384"/>
>    * < param name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
>    * < param name="url" value=""/>
>    * < param name="user" value=""/>
>    * < param name="password" value=""/>
>    * < param name="schema" value="postgresql"/>
>    * < param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value=""/>
>    * < param name="errorHandling" value=""/>
>
> So, this way, I presume that JNDI won't work anymore (like before I was
> using) and must be present directly in the repository.xml, am I right?
> And about other blocks "FileSystem" and the last "DataStore", I saw in [1]
> that you mentioned, the configuration for JNDI is possible by:
> "JNDI can be used to get the connection. In this case, use the
> javax.naming.InitialContext as the driver, and the JNDI name as the URL. If
> the user and password are configured in the JNDI resource, they should not
> be configured here. Example JNDI settings:
>
>  < param name="driver" value="javax.naming.InitialContext" />
>  < param name="url" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/Test" />
>  "
> So, it was what I did in the blocks, are they right?

If you previously used the JNDI PM, you would have to look at the
definition of that JNDI resource in your servlet container or app
server. There you should find the JDBC configuration (driver, url,
user + password) that you should now put directly into the
FileSystem/PersistenceManager configuration.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek