jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspaces and separating content storage
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:58:29 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelbaum@gmail.com> wrote:
>    With all this in mind, which would be your recommendations for
> storing content for different accounts where each account should not be
> able to see content from the other? Is a workspace-per-account a viable
> solution or will it "break my machine" if I even dare to try?

Depends on how many accounts you will have on one machine. If it is a
2-digit number, I would say using workspaces should not be a problem.
If it gets larger, I am not sure if there might be problems, because I
don't know if anyone used Jackrabbit that way already. I could imagine
that the memory consumption goes up, as each workspace will have its
own item state manager that caches nodes in-memory - although that is
probably no problem. It only means that there is no shared cache.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek