jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Migrate from 1.3 to 1.3.4 and move data from windows to linux
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:08:36 GMT
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Shailesh Mangal
<shailesh.mangal@getzephyr.com> wrote:
> I noticed that everything (including workspace.xml) gets recreated (on mac
> and windows). I am witnessing this issue on Linux (Fedora) that the indexing
> are not getting rebuilt.

Are you sure workspace.xml gets re-created properly (ie. compare old
and new workspace.xml)?

I assume you only have the "default" workspace that gets automatically
created on startup and copies the template values from the workspace
section in repository.xml, that are probably the same for your only
workspace, and once the workspace's persistence manager starts and
connects to the DB, it (coincidentally) detects the data that is
already existing. This approach would definitely fail as soon as you
would have two slightly differently configured workspaces...

> BTW, I have also tried deleting just the indexes, same behavior.

Can you access the nodes and properties, are they present? The index
is not required for navigational access, only for search operations.
And do you see anything in the logs?

Regards,
Alex

--