jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jou Kou-Rong" <Kou-Rong....@irs.gov>
Subject RE: How to retrieve a node from a hierarchy?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:33:15 GMT
Sorry. Accidental send my previous response.

Use node walking, starting from rootNode (session.getRootNode()).
Or if you have defined your node structure with a certain pattern, then
you can follow the pattern to reach your node quickly. For example, you
map a file in a local file system to a JCR repository node with a
pattern:
File system side: folder1/filder2/file1
JCR Node side: get appRootNode of your application, then folder1Node =
appRootNode.getNode("folder1");
 folder2Node = folder1Node.getNode("folder2");
 file1Node = folder2Node.getNode("file1");

Or

file1Node = appRootNode.getNode("folder1/folder2/file1"); -- like Alex
suggestion

Usually you have an index that persist somewhere (database or file
system) to refer to your JCR node, so you can do this kind of quick
mapping.