jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:18:29 GMT

On Feb 12, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Ralph Goers
> <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Also, do you have any idea how to do this in Mac OS's Finder,
>> cadaver or
>> DAVExplorer?
>
> I use the Mac OS built-in WebDAV client with CRX and it does not send
> text/xml mimetypes, so it works basically as a normal file system.
> AFAIK most webdav clients, especially the filesystem-mounting ones, do
> not set any "advanced" mime types in their request.

I'm confused. Are you saying that I should not be seeing the problem I
am experiencing?

Actually, the problem is even more interesting. I connected to the
server via Finder and then copied a single XML file and pasted it to
the repository. It worked fine. I then selected about 30 files and
pasted them all to the repository. At that point all the XML files in
the target directory, including the one previously copied, couldn't be
read. So I started doing them 1 by 1. Things looked fine after doing 5
or 6, but then I went back to the first file I had copied. Although
the file size was right, opening it in an editor showed no content. As
I continued to do this I'd notice the same thing. Then I went back to
the latest file and viewed its contents again and it too had no
content.  I went to cadaver and did an ls. Sure enough, they all had
file sizes but when I'd do a get I would end up with an empty file.

So then I went into content explorer and got different results than
previously. Now the jcr:content is nt:resource, jcr:mimeType is text/
xml and the jcr:data is binary with a non-zero (and correct) length.
And yet, retrieving the file results in a file with zero length.

Ralph