jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: File based clustering of jackrabbit
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:22:55 GMT
Hi,

[Q.] Is it possible to operate jackrabbit with file based repository?

No, not with the file based persistence managers that are included in
Jackrabbit. I have updated the wiki page at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering :

"The persistence manager needs to be transactional, and need to support
concurrent access from multiple processes. When using Jackrabbit, one option
is to use a database persistence manager, and use a database that does
support concurrent access. The file system based persistence managers in
Jackrabbit are not transactional and don't support concurrent access; Apache
Derby doesn't support concurrent access in the embedded mode."

> # We won't introduce another DBMS for our customer ,if possible,
> # to avoid support needs for DBMS settings.

I understand this. When using Jackrabbit, it is not possible at this time.
There is an option however when using the (commercial) Day CRX. If you are
interested, please see http://www.day.com/crx (sorry, I have to say that).

Regards,
Thomas