jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: Using JackRabbit as a distributed file store
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:04:56 GMT
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Shaul Dar <shauldar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was told by someone that JCR 2.X will support WAN distribution, and also
> see the following in the roadmap (
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-roadmap.html)<http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-roadmap.html>
> Am I misunderstanding? Thanks,

probably. i am still puzzled... what list item are you refering to as
'WAN distribution'?  WebDAV remoting? this refers to remoting
the JCR api by using the WebDAV transport underneath (as an
alternative to RMI).

however, i can confirm that there's no 'WAN distribution' feature
planned for JCR 2.0.

cheers
stefan