jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David Haines <dlhai...@umich.edu>
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:16:30 GMT
When using Jackrabbit 1.4.8 webdav and Mac OS X 1.5.6 the Mac is
sending over "invisible" resource fork files in addition to the
expected visible file.  The resource forks are given the original file
name prepended with a '._'. They are sent with no Content-Type header
and Jackrabbit, reasonably, infers the mime type from the file
extension.  That's not the correct type for resource forks and is
leading to many stack dumps in the text extractor code.  While Apple
webdav is causing this problem I need to find someway to avoid it on
the server side.

Is there some way to configure Jackrabbit to not do text extraction on
files that match particular patterns?  I'd like to be able to tell it
to ignore indexing on files that start '._' regardless of the file
extension.

Thanks for any comments, I'm just getting started with Jackrabbit.

- Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons