jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.5.2 Standalone Problem
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:57:22 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:50 PM, greeklinux <marsias@gmx.net> wrote:
> I open http://localhost:8080/ and I get the JCR server page. Under the
> "remote access"
> section I found the info, that I can access the repository over
>
> RMI registry: //localhost/jackrabbit.repository
>
> I tried with rmiregistry and without.

The rmiregistry needs to be running (with the jcr, jackrabbit-api, and
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi jars in it's classpath) before you start the
Jackrabbit standalone server. Otherwise the standalone server fails to
register the RMI endpoint in the registry.

An easier alternative for accessing the repository remotely is to
download the RMI endpoint directly from http://localhost:8080/rmi. You
can use the URLRemoteRepository class to do this in your client code:

    import org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.repository.URLRemoteRepository;
    Repository repository = new
URLRemoteRepository("http://localhost:8080/rmi");

BR,

Jukka Zitting