jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different authentication behaviour between 1.4.x and 1.5.x :-(
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:34:36 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Thomas Fromm <tf@inubit.com> wrote:
> In Jackrabbit 1.4.x versions there was the implementation little bit different
> in RepositoryImpl.login(...):
>
>           AuthContext authCtx;
>            LoginModuleConfig lmc = repConfig.getLoginModuleConfig();
>            if (lmc == null) {
>                        authCtx = new AuthContext.JAAS(repConfig.getAppName(), credentials);
>            } else {
>
> So at first it was checked, if there exists any configured login module,
> before using JAAS.

Perhaps we should restore this order of configuration, or come up with
a workaround for the JBoss issue. Can you file a bug report about
this? We're planning to do a 1.5.3 release next week. I'd be happy to
include a fix in the release if someone contributes it by the end of
this week.

BR,

Jukka Zitting