jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Korbinian Bachl - privat <korbinian.ba...@whiskyworld.de>
Subject Re: some doubts after my first hops
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:25:38 GMT
Hi Alexander,

thank you for your response!

Alexander Klimetschek schrieb:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Korbinian Bachl - privat
> <korbinian.bachl@whiskyworld.de> wrote:
>> -> Why do I have to do soo much work for just saving a file? Did I miss
>> an easier approach?
>
> Why do you think this is "soo much work"? Your code does the following:
> - save any file
> - automatic versioning
> - store metadata along the file
> - uses standard structure to be compatible with eg. Jackrabbits simple
> webdav server
>
> That's a nice bunch of feature to me ;-)

it seems as I forgot to write the important sentence. I meant that it
looks like much same boilercode to me. A simple "FileNode" class that
expects exact that looks somewhat more logic to me. I mean in JCR spec
there are defaults written and these defaults should IMHO be directly
accessible by using an object that directly implements this; however I'm
not sure if its not just because im not yet used to it :)

> And regarding the somewhat nasty PathNotFoundException: you could use
> Node.hasNode() instead and simply ignore those PathNotFoundExceptions,
> that should no longer occur if you do the hasNode() check - all JCR
> exceptions inherit RepositoryEx, which you already throw in your
> method.

thank you for that hint! - sounds really better than catching exceptions
to me :)

Best,

Korbinian