jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Takahiro OGAWA <og...@brainsellers.com>
Subject Re: File based clustering of jackrabbit
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 01:57:00 GMT
Hi, Alexander and Thomas

Thank you for reply.

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Your options are (see also [1]):
> - local derby database with bundle db PM but no clustering (default
> jackrabbit config, fast + stable)
> - bundle file system PM but no clustering (fast, but not so stable)
> - transactional database with bundle db PM gives clustering (you can
> use postgresql or mysql for popular open-source dbs)

Now I understand clearly, I think.

 > have to = must (no nuance at all ;-))

Ouch! I have learned "have to" 20 years ago...

But that wiki page was a bit confusing for me since
file based journal setting appears first.

Thomas Müller wrote:
> No, not with the file based persistence managers that are included in
> Jackrabbit. I have updated the wiki page at
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering :

It is very helpful for us. Thank you.
Maybe "impossible" or "is not available" is more clear
for non-English and non-Western people.
(I know there are many Indian engenners... probably
 something is wrong with English education in Japan.)

Thanks.
----
Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
<http://www.brainsellers.com/>