jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Lock/Block write access in order to maintenance of the repository
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:26:46 GMT
Thomas Müller schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> What about making the backend read-only?

ok, but I guess Jackrabbit then throws  some "cannot write" exception
(in the case of writing), whereas  it's not going to be clear
to the application why this is happening, right?

(I think it would be important that the application can communicate to
the end-user that the system is currently in maintenance mode and hence
writing/saving data is blocked, whereas of course one could add a switch
to the application itself and set the backend to read-only, but that
doesn't seem to me very elegant and I could image leads to other problems)

Thanks

Michael