jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: davex question
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:42:04 GMT
hi christian

> But I also already ran into my first issue. I wrote a little client for
> testing purposes and I can't connect to the Standalone Server with it.
> It aborts with
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unauthorized
> because the Server answers with a 401 on the first REPORT request, which
> is done on RepositoryImpl.create(config). Since I didn't find a way to
> give the User/Password before that REPORT request, I'm a little bit at
> loss now.

how does your web.xml look like?
can you check if the missing-auth-mapping init-param
is present and its value is empty.
this forces a null-login on the repository unless auth is
forces (e.g. by sending an auth header).

then i noticed that your url is "http://localhost:8080/server"
unless you changed the defaults it should probably be
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit/server.

apart from that: i quickly made a simple test and it
worked for me. ((i'll add that test setup to spi-contrib)).

regards
angela