jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Latysh <ivanlat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of export/migration/import
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:25:00 GMT
MARTINEZ Antonio wrote:

JCRBackup can do all of it(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcr-backup).

> It is that time in our project were we need to support export/import
> with data migration.
> In our case, during migration:
> - We actually need to change some parameters for most of the nodes
> before we import.
Data exported as XML, and binaries are exported in a native format into separate files,
so if you can post-process data at any time.

> - We definitely have to have Jackrabbit running during the export (and
> preferably also during the import)
JCRBackup will do it on a live repo, no problem.

> - We need to be able to export/migrate/import both a subtree or the
> entire repository.
You can specify a node to start a backup from.

> - We need to do and export/migration/import in under 3 hours for a 20G
> repository (the index in this case is about 8G)
JCRBackup will export the data, not indexes, indexes will be re-created by JCR on import.

One thing that JCR-Backup can't do is versions.

--
Ivan Latysh
IvanLatysh@gmail.com