jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Workflow and JCR
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:29:39 GMT
Michael Wechner a écrit :
> Mirosław Ochodek schrieb:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am considering possiblities how to implement workflow in jcr
>> repository.
>>
>> What I would like to achieve is to have states for each nodes and
>> control transitions.
>>
>> I know that this kind of functionality generally might be achieved
>> with jbpm library.
>>
>> Have you got any experience you can share in combining JCR with
>> workflow libraries or other approaches to this issue?
>
> well, I think workflow and jcr are orthogonal to each other and the
> only connection could be the path, for example /foo/bar/document.pdf
>
> Re the workflow itself I think you can re-use an existing package or
> introduce your own interface (and corresponding implementation) as for
> example
>
> http://yanel.wyona.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/WorkflowableV1.html
>

> HTH
>
> Michael
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mirek

I also think that workflow and storage are orthogonal.
But, you may need to query the repository for getting contents
with some given metadatas and a given workflow state (or if it has
been in the state "Published" yesterday...).

If the workflow is not stored into the repository, you will need to
query first the repository and then the workflow engine with results
(or the opposite) and this will not be efficient if you have a lot of
contents.

That's why i have coded a JCRWorkflowStore for the OSWorkflow engine
in order to have efficient "hybrid" queries.
The first version of this WorkflowStore can be obtains here :
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/WF-465

Moreover if the worflow is stored into the repository, then the integrity is
/ maintained./

--
Sébastien Launay