jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: Apostrophe in path generates error
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:41:32 GMT
I've just come across the same problem. ' and a few others are not legal
in JCR path names.

My problem is that they are legal in WebDAV and so I need to escape /
unescape these for WebDAV access. I've had a quick look around to see
where there is a natural extension point for this but so far I can't
find the right place. I've looked at IOHandler, DavLocator etc but
everywhere seems to be more of a copy / paste than just the extension I
would expect to just escape / unescape one name - other places I've
extended Jackrabbit have been well architected extension points. This
leads to me to think I'm not looking in the right place. Any pointers
are welcome. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: 23 February 2009 22:24
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Apostrophe in path generates error

When I call session.getItem(path) and the path has an apostrophe in a
filename, it generates a "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: invalid path:"
error.

Does anyone know why?

Do I need to escape apostrophes? What other characters need to be
escaped? Is this documented anywhere?

LexisNexis is a trading name of REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND,
LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621