jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jan-Helge Bergesen <jhber...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit embedded in Jahia 6 CE generates incorrect SQL for PostgreSQL.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:10:00 GMT
Hi there.

I'm trying to get Jahia 6 CE up and running with PostgreSQL 8.3 on Ubuntu
8.10.

Jahia has a config wizard, which does a fair attempt at setting things up --
however it does come a bit short in relation to Jackrabbit.

So, I'm almost good, however the jackrabbit instance fails with the
following message:
2009-02-17 21:55:20,359: ERROR
[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem] - failed to initialize
file system
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varbinary" does not exist
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:282)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.checkSchema(DatabaseFileSystem.java:1180)

I'm not sure if it's possible to enable debug to view the SQL, but using
Wireshark I see that the generated SQL is:

Query: create table JR_FSG_FSENTRY (FSENTRY_PATH varchar not null,
FSENTRY_NAME varchar not null, FSENTRY_DATA varbinary null, FSENTRY_LASTMOD
bigint not null, FSENTRY_LENGTH bigint not null)

I'm not sure where I should start looking for faults, and I wasn't able to
find any previous useful postings regarding this error so any help would be
appreciated.

TIA.
// JHB
http://linkedin.com/janhelgebergesen