jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From PThiemann <philipp.thiem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Slashes in wildcard query string do not work
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:47:50 GMT

Hello,

I am using Jackrabbit 1.4.2 in an Oracle and RedHat Linux environment.

I have a strange problem in searching for a term with a slash in the query
string ending with a wildcard (e.g. F/OS*)

I have a node property XYZ with value F/OSAM which I am trying to search for
using a XPATH query.

When searching for the following I do get a correct result:
//element(*,
custom:file)[jcr:contains(custom:extendedProperties/@XYZ,'F/OSAM')]/custom:extendedProperties/rep:excerpt(.)

When searching for the next query string I do not get a result. Although
using wildcards in my query:
//element(*,
custom:file)[jcr:contains(custom:extendedProperties/@XYZ,'F/OS*')]/custom:extendedProperties/rep:excerpt(.)

Now there is the strange thing. When I search (leaving out the /) for the
following I can see my result again.
//element(*, custom:file)[jcr:contains(custom:extendedProperties/@XYZ,'F
OS*')]/custom:extendedProperties/rep:excerpt(.)

Is the slash not indexed by lucene or do I have to escape the slash for
Jackrabbit for not being recognized as path delimiter?

For any suggestions I would be glad.

Thanks,
Philipp