jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Maintaining the UUID of a version
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:27:22 GMT

We have a business requirement that requires copying nodes (versions of
nodes) from one repository to another. This requirement further mandates
that the UUIDs of the versions of nodes are replicated in the destination
repository are the same in the source repository. Here is the scenario:

There are 2 repositories- source and destination

Source has 2 versions of Node A (a,b). For discussion sake, lets call UUID
of version "a" is 100 and UUID of version "b" is 200. We want to move both
the versions to destination repo. It is possible to create a nodes in the
destination with UUID 100 and 200 but we want to do is add call addNode in
the destination repository (without the UUID), save, checkout and checkin.
This creates a version of the node in the destination but we want the UUID
of the checked in node(s) to be 100 and 200. Is this possible?