jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Janitor Thread and DatabaseJournal
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:40:06 GMT

I have a simple question regarding the Janitor thread and I haven't been able
to see anything about this in the docs.

I understand the need for the janitor thread, to clean the revisions table
periodically. Say we have 3 nodes on our cluster and they all are active and
we regularly use the janitor thread to cleanup the database. What happens if
we add a brand new 4th node to the cluster? Will the new node have all the
current data that the other nodes have? Or will it be updated with only the
data that is in the journal table?