jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Multiple Webapps using RMI on Tomcat
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:37:51 GMT

I am currently building a CMS system where all the data is stored in
jackrabbit. This system will be able to host multiple websites and use
multiple webservers for load balancing. As it is currently setup, each
webapp is a node on a jackrabbit cluster. All the web servers are joined to
the same jackrabbit cluster. So all webapps are all sharing a common
repository. The downside is that each webapp has to startup and run it's own
node. On each webserver we have 2 webapps (websites) and each has to startup
and act like a node on the cluster. Is there a way with RMI that I can
startup one repository in tomcat and then share that repository with all my
webapps running on that tomcat installation? This way I would only have 1
jackrabbit cluster node per tomcat installation.

We are currently using spring and springmodules to access jackrabbit. I saw
how I could use springmodules to expose a local repository through rmi, but
I didn't see how I could consume that repository through a different webapp.