jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From gregoryjoseph <gregory.jos...@magnolia-cms.com>
Subject Re: Counting occurences of a given property's different values
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:08:08 GMT

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM, gregoryjoseph
> <gregory.joseph@magnolia-cms.com> wrote:
>>> SELECT * FROM my:nodetype WHERE tag='foo'
>>> Not quite - i do not know all possible values for the tag property and i
>>> went to know how many time each distinct value is used.
>
> For multi-value properties, the meaning of "=" is slightly different
> in jcr xpath/sql: it means that the exact value occurs at least once
> in the array of values.
>
> See section 6.6.4.10 (xpath) and 8.5.2.7 (sql) of the jcr spec:
>
> http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.6.4.10_Searching_Multi-value_Properties.html
>
> http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/8.5.2.7_Multi-value_Properties.html

Thanks for the hint; however, I still don't know what any of the values are.
My initial fake query might have been misleading because of the
prop_name='foo' clause, might have been clearer with prop_name='tag'. In
short, I know the property *name* I'm looking for, and I want to collect all
its existing *values* over a set of nodes in my tree.