jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From gregoryjoseph <gregory.jos...@magnolia-cms.com>
Subject Counting occurences of a given property's different values
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:46:56 GMT

Hi list,

Here's what I'd like to do, in semi-sql form:
SELECT count(*), prop_value FROM nodes WHERE prop_name='foo' GROUP BY
prop_name
(or something in that vein, i'd have to refresh my sql 'skills')

The use case is simply a tag cloud. I have content nodes with one property
'tag', which is a multi-value. I want to know how many time each distinct
value if used over all (or a set of) nodes.

JCR-260 tells me that count() isn't implemented in xpath, and I assume it
isn't in jcr-sql either. Is there any alternative, or something obvious that
I don't see ? It'd be acceptable for me to use jackrabbit extensions (i.e a
custom function maybe)

Cheers and thanks for any tip,

-g