jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:15:08 GMT

On Feb 12, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> actually this question would be something for the official crx mailing
> list at Yahoo [1]. But see my answers inline below:

Yeah, I know. But I figured this would be faster. And from what I can
tell your answer applies beyond just CRX (which isn't much of a
surprise).

> The webdav implementation in Jackrabbit and CRX is extendable through
> IO Managers [2] and IO handlers [3], that can do custom import/export
> over webdav. A manager is simply a collection of handlers, and each
> handler typically handles a specific file format. For example, the
> XMLHandler, that is by default enabled in CRX, stores XML natively in
> a crx:XmlDocument node (and subtree representing the inner XML)
> instead of a binary nt:file [4].
>
> The XMLHandler is triggered by mime-type, so it should only happen if
> the webdav request that sends the file includes the "text/xml" mime
> type. If you set it to application/octet-stream (that standard binary
> mimetype), the xml file should be stored as nt:file.
>
> Otherwise, you could also change the IO Manager configuration, it's
> inside WEB-INF/config.xml. Commenting out the CrxDefaultIOManager
> should do the trick - I don't know if there must be an IO manager
> specified. You might want to take a look at the default config.xml
> that comes with the Jackrabbit webapplication [5].

Thanks. If I understand correctly then I should file a bug report with
Day since the CRXDefaultIOManager publishes xml documents in such a
way that they cannot be read by "standard" webdav applications? I
would expect that even if the documents get stored as crx:XmlDocument
that a webdav get should be able to retrieve the document instead of
returning a 404 error - or a file length of 0.

Ralph