jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.k...@gwvs.de>
Subject GlobalNamingResources JNDI
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:41:00 GMT
In the Webapplication it saysd the following:

<quote>
By default the repository is only made available in a dummy JNDI directory local to this web
application. However, you can make the repository globally available if your servlet container
allows a web application to modify the global JNDI directory or you are using some other JNDI
directory that can manage unserializable Java objects.

To bind the the repository to such a JNDI directory, you need to modify the java.naming parameters
in either the /WEB-INF/web.xml deployment descriptor or the jackrabbit/bootstrap.properties
file. You need to redeploy this web application to activate the changes.
</quote>

What I read from that is that if I want a second webapplication on the same tomcatserver to
access jackrabbit thought JNDI I have to alter the settings of either the bootstrap file or
the webapplications web.xml file.

The problem is that I have been searching for hours now on how to make it globally available
and haven't found one thing.

As it says I have to set the java.naming parameters but I have no clue what to set them to.

Anyone have an idea on what I have to do to make it globally available?

Thx a lot