jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From imadhusudhanan <imadhusudha...@zohocorp.com>
Subject Re: Re: Moving to DFS System ..
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:05:02 GMT
HI Marcel,

    We used hadoop-core0.13.jar for our DFS System. I operate thru a DFSClient and few property
files to connect to DFSServer. Now my client requirement   is this, he wants to store all
his documents in his own DFS Server even he uses the WebDav. So now I want to connect WebDAV
Client directly to  the DFS server.

    One way seemed possible for me is override the methods in AbstractWebdavServlet and when
I encounter a put request I could write some lines to connect to DFS Server and send a suitable
DavResponse after a success message. Well can we deal the problem more professionallly ..
?? Pls help.

Regards,
MadhuSudhanan I.
'If you wanna walk quick Walk Alone, if you wanna walk far Walk Together ..."

---- On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote ----

 > Hi,
 >
 > I recently played around with Hadoop HBase and wrote a persistence
 > manager on top of it. worked pretty well, though I'm not sure if
 > that's what you have in mind.
 >
 > If there's interest I can commit it to the jackrabbit sandbox.
 >
 > regards
 >  marcel
 >
 > On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM, imadhusudhanan
 > <imadhusudhanan@zohocorp.com> wrote:
 > > Dear All,
 > >
 > > I use the Apache Hadoop project as DFS. Have anyone dealt with the similar JR to
DFS conversion.. ?? pls explain ...

 > > Regards,
 > > MadhuSudhanan I.
 > > www.zoho.com
 > > 'If you wanna walk quick Walk Alone, if you wanna walk far Walk Together ..."
 > >

 > > ============ Forwarded Mail ============
 > > From : Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
 > > To : dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
 > > Date :Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:24:43 +0100
 > > Subject : Re: Moving to DFS System ..
 > > ============ Forwarded Mail ============
 > >
 > >  > Hi,
 > >  >
 > >  > On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:45 AM, imadhusudhanan
 > >  > <imadhusudhanan@zohocorp.com> wrote:
 > >  > > I have used jackrabbit 1.4 and was successful running in my local
 > >  > > environment with the repository provided by JR itself. Now that we have
our
 > >  > > own DFS system  I would like to change the existing configuration to
our DFS
 > >  > > instead using JR repository ... May I know how do I do this ... ?? Pls
Help.