jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit RMI Performance
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 07:42:13 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> ...When I do a query the Query takes like 90 ms which is fine but then I fill my objects
> with the node properties which takes like forever....

As Alex says, the Sling http/json interface would very probably be
much faster for this - basically you make one HTTP request to an URL
ending in ".query.json", with the query parameters (language,
statement, paging params), and you get back JSON data with all node
values. See [1] for examples.

If you want to try this, see [2] for how to get started with Sling.
IIRC the current Sling release does not include this query feature, so
you'd need to build the current Sling trunk and use the launchpad/app
module for example.

> ...I have the Jackrabbit Webapplication running as a Server providing the RMI support.
> I am using the same application on more than one server so I thought having the
> Jackrabbit Service on a own machine would be a good idea. But now I am not so sure anymore...

That would work fine using the Sling http/json interface, assuming it
implements all the JCR operations that you need.

> ...Somone told my that clustering would be a way to have Jackrabbit available to all
> the applications and use JNDI to access the Repository but I have like no odea if
> that would help:-)...

With JNDI people usually mean accessing a single Repository object
from several webapps, this works well but all webapps must run in the
same JVM.

-Bertrand

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/launchpad/testing/src/test/java/org/apache/sling/launchpad/webapp/integrationtest/JsonQueryServletTest.java

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html