jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: session save and performance question
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:29:15 GMT
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Cheng Zhang <zhangyongjiang@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What I'm doing currently is to use Jackrabbit to store XML document. Each XML element's
attribute will be mapped to a node property. And each XML text element, for example "<age>13</age>",
will be also mapped to node property. All other XML elements are mapped to a jackrabbit node.

> I'm now doubting if my case is the right use case for Jackrabbit. In my case, one XML
document will be mapped to 500 node/child-nodes. If I have 1 million xml documents, it means
500M nodes will be created and indexed.

> Or I only map those nodes/properties I'm interested and in addition store the xml in
a file node.

Have a look at http://markmail.org/message/edhqnsb4hkmfg5eu

Regards,
Alex